Rose Scented Risotto with Fish
Posted in: Recipes - Tuesday, August 17 2010
Great supper dish, you can also include langoustines and fresh mussels in season.
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Small knob of butter (optional)
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and crushed
- 275g/10oz risotto rice (Carnaroli or Arborio)
- 2 tsp Bed of Roses spice mix (from Early Bird Café Bandon)
- 1ltr vegetable stock (prefereably home made, see recipe below)
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 8 fillets of fish (John Dory, Gurnard, Red Mullet)
- Juice of half an organic lemon
Heat oil and butter in a pan and fry onion and garlic gently over low heat till soft but not browned. Add rice and spices and stir into onion mix. Cook for a minute. Add a ladle of stock. Bring to simmering and cook gently till absorbed. Continue adding stock like this till most of it is added and the rice is almost tender. Season. Lay the fish on top, skin side up, add remaining stock and cover with a lid. Steam until the fish fillets are opaque and break apart easily. Squeeze over lemon juice and scatter with coriander. Serve immediately.