Warm Asparagus with parmesan and chives
Posted in: Recipes - Thursday, August 12 2010
Look for Spanish white asparagus in the summer season. Green asparagus works just as well.
- 2 bunches of organic white or green asparagus
- Extra virgin olive oil and the juice of half an organic lemon for dressing
- 50g/2oz freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tbsp fresh snipped chives
If using white asparagus, trim the tough ends of the stalks and pare away the outer skin very thinly with a vegetable peeler . For green asparagus, simply snap the stalks and the ends will break off at a natural point. You don’t need to pare the tender green asparagus spears. Bring a pan of salted water to the boil. Add the asparagus and cook for a few moments, till just al dente. (Alternatively, you can steam the spears). Drain immediately. Pop on a plate after draining. Drizzle with olive oil, squeeze over lemon and scatter with freshly grated Parmesan. Season and serve sprinkled with chives.